Want to join us as we re-shape food experiences?
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge at a growing company? Do you want to join a team of passionate developers and have a big impact on a product? We are looking for new team members to join our development team and be a part of building our best-in-class guest feedback platform!
We love good food and we want every meal to be a delight! To make that happen, feedback from the customers is a key ingredient. Foodback’s world-leading guest feedback solution for the food and beverage industry is re-shaping how guest experiences are managed. Our goal is to unlock actionable insight and identify hidden business opportunities for restaurants and food retailers, so that they can make data-driven decisions.
Foodback is a Norwegian company that was founded in 2013. In 2020 we launched internationally in 30+ markets. We are now growing the team to equip ourselves for scaling internationally. Are you who we are looking for?
About the role / what you’ll do
Over the years, we have listened closely to customers and worked to evolve our product to meet the needs of a growing customer base. Until now, Foodback’s growth has been primarily organic, and with a relatively small team, we have kept the solution simple, with one size fits all. This has served us well so far.
As our customer base grows and we meet new requirements, the time is right to put more focus on the commercial side of our product. We need to ensure that our priorities are aligned with the market needs at any given time and this will be one of the key components of the role.
As Product Manager you will be part of our Product Development team but work closely with both Customer Success and international Sales, to get a direct line to existing and potential new customers. You will listen to all their requirements, and then add your own research to gather all the information we need to make strategic decisions moving forward.
Your work will be followed up by a transparent process involving Product Owners and UX designers, taking these new ideas on a journey, including wireframes, prototypes, user testing, etc. If the team believes in the idea, it will move all the way to development. We’re very agile, so this process can move fast. At the end of the day, we all thrive to create great products, enabling our customers to work data-driven and deliver mind-blowing food experiences.
In addition to shipping new features, you will monitor the usage and make sure this data is used to learn, adjust, and evolve.
With a growing product portfolio, an important aspect of your job will be to define how we should package and price our products. Together with Marketing, we’ll make sure to present a product offering that is appealing to the market and make it as simple as possible for Sales to close the deal.
Want to know more about how we work? Check out our Development & Innovation section, where we give you a sneak peek.
In summary, your main responsibilities will be
- Gather and organize requirements from customers (high level)
- Define our commercial model in cooperation with Marketing and Sales
- Monitor product usage and feature adoption
- Keep an eye on competitors
- Participate in restaurant and food tech exhibitions / webinars to stay up to date
Qualifications / what you’ll need to succeed
- 3+ years product management experience, with focus on the commercial side
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative insight, driving a process from idea, to testing to implementation – and then learning and optimizing
- A generic understanding in relevant areas such as development, finance, design, sales, and marketing
- Ability to communicate and argue your case both written and verbally, always supported by data
- Proven track record of cross-discipline collaboration
You don’t need to fulfill all these requirements, but the more the merrier.
Soft skills / who we think you are
- You are customer focused, always chasing improvements and innovations
- You use data to support your decisions
- You are an effective communicator – up, down, sideways and with customers
- You build relationships that give you influence, respect and a real impact
- Your style motivates the rest of us
- You enjoy the startup-life
- You are self-driven and comfortable taking ownership and delivering on your responsibilities
CTO and Co-Founder
Daniel is the Chief Product & Technology Officer and Co-Founder at Foodback, running a small but productive development team of eight people. He is passionate about creating great user experiences that truly make a difference for customers. Outside the office, Daniel enjoys most of his time with his wife and 3 kids, where he is the Head Chef. His latest toy is an Italian pizza oven from Ooni. Whatever time is left over he spends watching Liverpool, trying to stay in shape, and socializing.
What we offer
At Foodback you will join an exciting scale-up that has great global ambitions. We currently have a growing customer base in the Nordics and have established a large international sales network that covers 30+ markets. We have over 20 people in the organization, spread across 10 countries. Our goal is to be the preferred supplier for feedback and improvement for restaurants and food service providers across the globe, and we will do so with a modern and forward-looking work culture that works distributed and collaborates well across disciplines.
Your role will be central to delivering a global and scalable product, and you will have the opportunity to continue to develop yourself and the company together with a group of enthusiastic colleagues.
In addition, you can expect
- Competitive conditions and the opportunity of co-ownership
- A modern working environment and culture
- Engaging professional discussions, where your voice is important
- A wide range of customers in different sizes and industries
- Benefits and pension scheme beyond what is required by law
- Modern offices at FOMO in Sandnes og Spaces in Oslo
Work location: Partly remote, with offices in Oslo or Sandnes
Application deadline: 30.11.2021
Are you the one we are looking for? Contact us!
Are you ready for the challenge? We look forward to hearing from you!
Send your application with CV on e-mail to email@example.com. if you have questions to the position, call Daniel Chaibi, CTO, at +47 980 566 46.